So the last time I posted I was still prego and annoyed. This post is far more exciting! :) As most of you know we had our beautiful little baby girl last weekend on Saturday, September 3rd. We weren't expecting it to be that weekend but it happened non the less! I had a doctors appointment on Friday where I had a non-stress test to monitor the baby's heart beat, my contractions, and fetal movement. I had had one the Monday before so I wasn't expecting anything to be different. However, half way through the test there wasn't much movement from the baby so they sent me to the cardiology department to have an extensive ultrasound. In the ultrasound they were looking for normal baby movements (breathing, heart beating, wiggling fingers, etc.) and they found all that but they couldn't find very much movement. So my doctor decided that he didn't want to leave the baby in an unfavorable environment and sent me straight to labor and delivery. That was a shock for me... I had plans to go to Swiss Days and to my nephews birthday party! Instead they hooked me up to an IV and all sorts of monitors and stuff. Then they gave me some meds that would make me start contracting so I would start dilating so eventually they could give me pitosin. Well the contractions happened but unfortunately after 8 hours of being uncomfortable and tired I hadn't progressed AT ALL! I was still only dilated to "almost a one". And unfortunately my contractions were too close together and too strong to even think about giving me the pitosin and my contractions were causing fetal distress. So around midnight the decision was made that a c-section would be the safest route to take.
I was then taken to the operating room and given a spinal block (they are so weird... no pain but I could still feel a lot! weird!). After I was all prepped and ready to go they started the c-section. I was pretty scared to tell you the truth... it was pretty nerve racking. As soon as the doctors delivered her head the first thing they said was "Whoa... that is a big head!" and then they delivered the rest of her and I could feel a huge weight just lift away! (literally!) They cleaned her up and weighed her and everyone was so suprised at how big she was! She weighted 9 lbs. 8 oz. and was 20 inches long. I was shocked! At my ultrasound I had to have the Monday before they told me she was approximately 7 lbs. 12 oz. so you can imagine my shock when she turned out to be almost 10 pounds!! No wonder my belly was HUGE!! But it was all so worth it! She is beautiful! She has the cutest round face with the CHUNKIEST cheeks and has red hair. She seems to always look ornery and we just love her! We stayed in the hospital until Tuesday and then got to bring her home with us. It has been a long and tiring week but we love our little Brielle and we couldn't be happier! :) Here are some pictures to enjoy!!
Getting cleaned up and ready to go!!
This is Brielle getting weighted.... yep. Chunky already. She didn't even fit into the newborn diapers. She went straight to the size 1 diapers! haha
I love this picture because it shows her cute red hair! I just love it! I hope it stays red and gets curly!
This is an awful picture... this was as they were wheeling me out of the operating room and into the recovery room and they let me hold her for the first time!
Daddy! :) (notice the hat they put her in.. yeah it doest fit her big head!)
And here are her super chunky cheeks! they make me laugh! when we burp her they just jiggle and droop down!
She wasn't too happy to have clothes on. They were a little snug on her but thanks to aunt Saryn she had a super cute outfit to go home in!!
My favorite picture. Ray is so cute with Brielle! He is going to be a great dad and he has been a huge help and support this whole time and it makes me love him more and more every single day!
This is right after we got discharged and were about ready to leave our room to go home. I love this picture! although unfortunately it is the only one of all 3 of us in the hospital but I still love it! We are all sleep deprived (except Brielle... all she does is sleep lol) but lovin life!
And I saved the best picture for last!! I caught her in a smile in her sleep! It was most likely gas but I love it! I love her cheeks and I can't stop squishing and kissing them! There will be more pictures I am sure but right now I should probably go get some sleep while I can!
as always... Enjoy! I know we sure are!



No comments:
Post a Comment