June 23, 2011

Baby-moon....iversary?!

Holy cow... can you believe that Ray and I have been married for 2 years now!? It really doesn't feel like it should be that long.  This year we decided that it was time for a vacation and since I am prego we couldn't join Ray's family on their awesome 2 week Alaskan cruise in August we just decided to go somewhere close.  I originally wanted to go to Hawaii but when we priced it all out I decided I am too cheap to spend that much money on a vacation haha so we just went to San Francisco, California.
We left on our anniversary (June 12) and only stayed until Thursday.  So it was a short-ish trip but we had fun and I seriously doubt I could have gone longer.  Vacationing when you are 7 months pregnant is actually really difficult!

Anyways... we just chilled in our hotel and ate dinner the day we got there.  BUT, the next day we went to the fishermans wharf which was pretty cool.  We got to see the sea lions and then we just walked around to all the shops and stuff.  Then we went to the aquarium which to tell you the truth was pretty much the biggest waste of $30 EVER!  Then we went to Ghiridelli Square but I forgot to take any pictures... sorry!


I found me a new boyfriend... Ray should be jealous!




 The next day we drove south and went to check out some redwoods! We got to ride a train through the forest and it was pretty fun!  Then we went to the Winchester Mystery House! It is the biggest, ugliest, worst built house EVER! but it was pretty cool to see some of the things inside! too bad they don't let you take pictures inside because there were some of the BEST stained glass windows inside!








I think Ray was in heaven looking at all the guns... I thought it was quite boring but hey... what do I know!?



The next day we got to go to Alcatraz but first I made Ray take me back to the fishermans wharf to get me some pearls! haha I totally fell into that tourist trap but it was fun and I got a pretty necklace out of it! Anyways, after that we headed out to check out the Alcatraz prison.  It was fun but I don't think I would ever do it again. You have to walk around with an mp3 player thing so Ray and I didn't even get to talk the whole time we were out there.  But oh well!








After we went to Alcatraz, I made Ray take me to the beach... although I was very dissipointed.  You can tell from the picture but it was not the best time of day to go. There was too much smog/fog crap.  So needless to say we only stayed for like 15 minutes!


On our last day in San Fran, we checked out of our hotel and decided that on our way to the Okland airport we would drive over the golden gate bridge! It was awesome... ok it was just a bridge but now we can say that we have done it!

This is us driving over the bridge... check out the excitement haha jk

Anyways, we are very glad to be home. I got the worst swelling in my feet and legs after our flight.  Luckily they have gone down and are normal now but I don't think I will ever travel during pregnancy again!  Now we are just trying to fill our time until the end of August when the baby will get here (can you believe that there is only a little over 2 months left?!?!)! Ray works with his dad almost everyday and I have been trying to catch up on all our laundry and stuff... fun for me I know! But, that is what we have been up to lately!

anyways, enjoy! or not! Your choice!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love that crazy house! I also really love your yellow shirt! You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...