March 1, 2011

Surprise! :)

Making decisions has always been quite a struggle for me.  I am not really a fan of "change" and I tend to put off a lot of things because it is easy and I won't have to deal with people... haha... But there comes a time when I have to grind my teeth and actually lend my brain to said decision making and just get it over with. Like ripping a band-aid off.. although that has always hurt just as much as going slow for me so maybe that is not a good analogy... However, today, being March 1, 2011, I have made a decision! I am going to spill the beans to all those of you who don't already know... which is kind of most of you... but hopefully this will be one of those things I can cross off my list! :) So before I decided to procrastinate again I will begin.

It all started one wintery day back in December. We had spent the whole week out and about for Christmas and were finally home December 26th for Sunday.  And this is what I did the second I woke up.  (I had suspected as much from the obvious lack of mother nature but took one just to be "positive" haha)


Then the next step was to find a doctor. Ugh... one thing I hate more than change is going to the doctor.  and FINDING one is even worse but needless to say I couldn't exactly put this off seeing as how this isnt something that will go away on its own haha. Anyways, I just decided to go to a doctor who was super close. I go to the IHC hospital a block away from where we live and my doctor's office is conveniently located right next door to the labor and delivery section of the hospital.  So I have been to a couple appointments and last appointment I went to was the one where they listen to the heart beat but the lil' kidney bean was a stinker and wouldn't cooperate so they sent me to get an ultrasound and we got these fun pictures! :)

You can kinda see the face and it's little legs but that is about it haha

In this one it just looks like a smudge. haha not very cute but it has a heartbeat so no worries haha

Anyways I go in again next week but I assume that appointment will be pretty uneventful and we wont get to know the gender for 4 weeks after our next appointment so I wont have anymore fun news until then... sorry... but I am due August 30th and today I have entered into the 2nd trimester so it's easy sailing for a couple months. Although, I haven't had a hard time yet.... I haven't thrown up once! My only real pregnancy problem is that I have a hard time sleeping at night but that isn't really a new thing. i have always been a sucky sleeper.  So I guess I have been lucky in the morning sickness department.  And I have only gained 4 lbs. since Thanksgiving so that is good... although I still just look fat and not pregnant. Just fat. ugh... anyways.. so that is my good news and no I will NOT be posting this on facebook.  If anyone really wants to know they will be able to hear it here or by me telling them. So there it is! :) Ray and I have been talking about going on a vacation (or "babymoon") this summer haha and I REALLY want to go to Hawaii! If I am not into the "no flying" time of pregnancy I am pretty sure that is where we will go! If I am that just sucks and we will go spend a week somewhere fun in utah... although I am not convinced there is such a place but who knows! :) So cross your fingers for us that we will be able to go soak in the sun at the beach in Hawaii before our lives take a HUGE turn.

So now that that is over I just wanted to share a little bit of what I have been up to for the past little while.  I don't have a job (Ray works more than enough for the both of us! ;) ) and I am not going to school anymore.  I take the occasional trip to Heber.  I always hated Heber when I was in high school and I totally took it for granted.  Living in Salt Lake Valley for the past 2 years has opened my eyes to how much I miss the "country".  Ray and I went up a couple weeks ago to hang out and when we were on our way home this is what we saw! I know it's not very impressive of a sunset but I thought it was fabulous! The air isn't smoggy and the mountains have always been my favorite part of this city! I do enjoy the mountains after the point of the mountain in Draper and Sandy but they will never be like Timp. to me!  I don't really miss seeing people from high school all the time but I do miss my family and being able to see this view all year round, everyday!!

Pretty! :) I can't wait until summertime when all the trees are green and the sunsets turn pink and purple!

So next on the list of things that have been keeping me company is this cute dog. No... he is not my dog. He is my sister and brother-in-laws dog but isn't he so freakin cute!? I get him on most Mondays and now that it is warm enough to go outside that is what we do! His name is George haha and he is just a puppy still but he has gotten so big!

He just learned a new trick! they have taught him how to sit! You just say sit and he does it! It is the cutest dang thing ever because he is so little and cute! haha

Look how little he was! aww... cute George!

It's funny to see the difference in just a small time! the top one was taken yesterday and the bottom one was taken the day after Nicole bought him!  He can be a little stinker but at least he gets me outside! He is crazy! but I still love him! :)

Anyways, that is all I have for now! 
Enjoy... or not! As always.. it's your choice!

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATS guys! SOOO happy for you. Glad you have been feeling ok Mar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I knew it! :) I'm so excited for you guys! I'm glad you haven't been sick. You are lucky for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I am so happy for you!! Oh, and, you are not the only one who misses Heber! I NEVER thought I would say that but being in the city definatley makes me miss the sweet life of a small town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!!!! You are going to love being a mom!!! It's the best thing in the world!!! Keep me posted with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful news! You and I must have the same genes because I didn't throw up either. :)YAY! I'm excited for all these new little ones in our family. If you find out if it is a boy or girl, let us know. I need to start shopping.
    Love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...