November 22, 2010

I am feelin the Love!

I should have posted this post yesterday but as always... I was too lazy.. anyways, I had a pretty good day yesterday! At the beginning of the semester the 1st councilor in the bishopric cornered us one day and asked Ray if he could meet with the Bishop that week and said (and I quote) "you can bring your wife if you want." Yes!!! that meant Ray was getting a calling and I wasn't! Perfect! I laughed at him for the rest of the day and told him that I bet he was getting an awful calling like being a sunday school teacher or something like that! I also entertained the thought of him being in the Young Men's which wouldnt have been bad besides the fact that those types of callings take a lot of time that Ray is already lacking.  Anyways, Sunday afternoon the next week rolls around and we go to the meeting with the Bishop and he tells Ray that he has been called as a ward missionary (which entails chatting with everyone and their dog... every sunday AND he has to teach a sunday school class once a month HAHA). anyways he gives him details and then he turns to me.... I was shocked! I thought I was just there for moral support. I probably had the funniest dumbfounded expression on my face when he gave me a calling too! He asked me if I would work with the activity days program with another lady... unfortunately it was during school hours.  I sooo.. wish I could have taken that calling! There is this little girl that I would have been working with that is sooooo cute! Her name is Sadie and she has long pretty red hair and freckles! anyways, so a week later they come up with a "sunday only" calling.  They called me as a CTR 5 primary teacher. I was soooo mad! 

In our last ward Ray and I were primary teachers for the 10 year olds and to say that I hated it would be a gave underestimation.  I was miserable and I literally HATED the kids. Which isn't a good thing when you are a primary teacher! I made Ray do the teaching and I sat there and yelled at the kids when they wouldnt listen. I thought they were snobby little rich kids that only care about their big houses and "awesome electronic toys".  I have NO patience for that and since I don't have any kids I have unrealistic expectations on how kids should behave.  The kids were miserable to I am sure.  When we told the primary president that we would be moving within the month she turned white and said (and I am quoting agian) "Oh no!! Not the 10 year olds! What will we do!?"  It's sad when they have to sucker the newly weds that dont know any better into to being the primary teacher these kids!  I was so happy when our lease for our apartment just because that meant we would be moving and would be released! It was a happy day when we were released! And it was nice going to church for a month or two without callings when we moved into our new ward.. but as it happens.. you dont stay like that for very long.

Anyways, needless to say, I accepted the calling to teach the 5 and 6 year olds. Luckily there were 2 other teachers that I would be sharing the job with so I felt a little better. But not much.  So I went to church the next week, was sustained and set apart and the next week they shoved me right in! I was really nervous. I hated primary before and I hoped this calling would be different.  I am happy to say that it is COMPLETELY different than what I was expecting.  I can honestly say that I love junior primary and I love my class.  They are the sweetest, cutest, smartest group of 5 year olds I have ever seen! I have decided that I love this age.  They are old enough that they are able to participate in an actual lesson and most are able to tell you details about gospel principles and stories that you wouldn't think they would know.  Yet, they are young enough that the actually WANT to participate! It is almost a fight to pick someone to say the prayers and when you ask a question you have to ask each individual child their thoughts or they get so worked up that you didnt call on them to answer the question!  It is sooo cute! 

And they say the cutest things!  For example, yesterday I was sitting in primary by one of my favorite little boys in my class. His name is Caleb and he is the blondest boy I have ever met! It is his birthday on Wednesday and I was asking him what he was getting for his birthday and he looks at me funny and said "I just want to see my family ok?!" it was so funny! I didn't expect that. I expected him to say some fun toy or something.  And then, in class the teacher was talking about the resurrection of christ and how christ did that for us because we couldnt have been able to make it back to heaven without him and she asked "What is something that your mom does for you that you cant do for yourself" and Caleb said in a disgusted voice "She wakes me up REALLY early so I can get ready for school."  and the teacher replyed "How come you think she does that for you?" and his reply was so cute! He said in the most excited/happy voice I have ever heard, "Because she is so nice!"  haha apparently you can be appaled and excited at the same time when your mom wakes you up in the morning! Another funny thing was when the teacher asked "what holiday do we celebrate the resurrection of christ?"  and the first child to answer said Halloween haha they are hilarious! 

After church yesterday I decided to take a nap and I am so mad that I did! because right before I woke up one of the cute little girls brought me over a plate of cookies! here is the little note she left for me with the cookies:

It says "you are the best teacher ever from hope to sister davis" I love it!  I love the picture she drew of us holding hands! It made my day! they were pretty good cookies too! anyways, I just love my calling and couldnt have asked for a better one.  The kids are so sweet and have the cutest and most touching testimonies.  They are all examples to me and always know what to say to make me laugh at myself!  I will be sad when this year is over and I get reassigned to a new class.. (maybe they will let me stay with this class.. I am crossing my fingers).  anyways....

enjoy! or not! your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...