The second week in October is always a fun one filled with birthday magic! haha... Ray had his birthday last friday (october 8) and I made him an Oreo Cake! It was kinda messy and didnt really look all that great but I am guessing it was pretty good because before I even got to the cake Ray had eaten half of it haha... it was fun! We just spent the night watching the Big Bang Theory Season 2 and eating ice cream and root beer floats! :) I can't believe he is 27... Weird! :)
Next on the October birthday train was my cute neice Elle's 3rd birthday! I wanted to make her something special so I decided to make her a cute tutu and a matching princess wand!
Here are the results! I was told that Elle's favorite color was pink so I went from there! I think they turned out so stinkin cute!!!
Here is the wand. I kinda BS'ed on this one... I didnt have a pattern or anything to really follow so I just scrunched up the tulle and hot glued it onto a dowel covered in ribbon. I think it is stinkin cute and matches the tutu...
Here are the results of the tutu!
Isn't it so cute?! It was SUPER puffy but I hoped it would be ok!
Anyways, Elle had her birthday at that pirate restaurant place in Provo which turned out to be pretty fun! I won lots of tickets, or what I thought was a lot of tickets... turns out I didn't have anywhere near what was needed to trade in for anything awesome. So I donated them to Elle's ticket bucket. Hopefully they got her something fun! But.... Watching her open her presents was fun! She opened mine very last which worked out!
She was so cute!! She put the tutu on and started leaping and prancing around the restaurant and twirling! She is so funny! Apparently she didnt want to take it off to go to bed and then insisted that she put it on the second she woke up!! I am glad my tutu was a hit! ;) I am just glad I actually have someone to make cute things like this for! I definatly dont have one of my own and my sister(s) dont have any so THANK HEAVENS for ray's sister and bro-in-law!! haha jk
Here is a picture of all of us with an awesome pirate in the background! Elle was too busy looking at her tutu and wand to look at the camera and smile... and dont mind all the red eye in the pictures.. the light was completely AWEFUL for picture taking! but oh well! it was still fun!
anyways... You know the drill!!
ENJOY! or not... your choice!


The tutu and wand are SO cute! I love them! I also really love your hair! And the cake! :)
ReplyDelete