May 4, 2010

Isn't it IRONIC? Don't you think!? and The Veil!

My mom and aunt Steph will get a kick out of this one... and possibly everyone else! 
As most of you know I am not the cleanest person. I have gotten WAY better upon the event of my marriage to Ray, who tends to be a bit of a clean freak. Also our apartment isn't really that big so any amount of clutter makes our apartment look like a pig pen. However, we do tend to let it get out of hand from time to time... Mostly because of me and my little projects and my lack of enthusiasm for cleaning when I could be working on those projects! haha ... anyways, I had intended to at least tidy up all my little messes before running off to Women's Conference for 2 days. However, It didn't happen. Go figure. So on my way out of the door Thursday morning I left Ray this little note:

needless to say, Ray did not get this not. Wanna know why? Well, I will show you! Here is a picture a little further out so you can get a little perspective.


and a little further...

and add a messy kitchen bar.

Now, this is not the whole of the mess but don't you find it ironically funny that he didnt find the note!? you can barely see it!! haha we had a good laugh about that at womens conference when I asked Ray if he got my note and he told me that he hadn't haha. anyways... it still looks like that today.. only worse haha I have been working on one of my projects and I have been so into it that I havent even left the house for a couple days! But I am SOOOO..... proud of it!

I have been making my sister Nicole's wedding veil! Her bridals are scheduled for the last of this month and I wanted to get started unless it took me forever to finish! but, this veil took me about the same time it took to make the other two veils I made! I love this veil and I hope she does too!

Here is a closer view

and close...

And closer to see the detail! I beaded this cute flower ribbon and put pearls and rhinestones and seed beads!

and up the sides I sewed on the beaded ribbon

and on the top, where I sewed the tulle on the comb I put pearls and crystals!

sorry about the far away pictures. I was too lazy to make them any better!
But there it is! It is finished and now I should go clean up all my messes! :)  I actually really like making veils. It is pretty fun! I just sat on the couch or on the floor and sewed and beaded and watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy! It was fun!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Will you make me one when I get married? :) (That won't be anytime soon...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes ma'am! I sure will!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...