Today (and last saturday) marked the last of our summer days! I can't believe how fast this summer has really gone by! I'm not really complaining because I hate summer. All the sun and heat and dryness really isnt for me. I like the crisp, coolness of the fall! The only drawback of the fall is that school has to start. This is the 5th fall that I have started school and I still have one more to go! I have been going to school for sooooo... long! But I am here to tell you that the end is very near!.... ok not very near, more like 4 semesters near! If all goes perfectly (which it never does) I will be a college graduate in December of 2011! Just in time for my birthday! :) but I doubt it will all go that smoothly and I will end up graduating in the spring of 2012. I'm still going to cross my fingers and hope I can get it all worked out. My poor academic advisor haha I bug her at least once a week and I meet with her once a month! She probably cant stand all my questions and nagging for her to get stuff done for me! But I REALLY want to graduate haha... I do however have an associates!! I have had all most all of the requirements for it done a long time ago except for Math 1050 and I am happy to say that I finished with a B- and I am so proud of myself haha! It has taken me as long as it takes most people to get a bachelors to get an associates.. haha oops! oh well I only have like 40 more credits to graduate. It's great! Oh! and in my awesome math class that I took I won a t-shirt for taking and passing an exam first (although I did that with EVERY exam. my little class had 5 people in it including me and they were all salckers!).
Don't mind my red, sweaty face. I had just gotten done with my running! You cant really see the shirt but it is actually a cute shirt. It has a tree on it!! anyways, this summer has also brought with it weddings weddings weddings!! Ray and I have gotten invited to like 6 weddings this summer! and the craziest part is that they all took place from July 30 to august 28th! In one month, 6 people that I know got married! We only went to 3 of them though. The first one that we got to go to was pretty special for me! It was one of my college roommates from USU. She was pretty much the only roommate that I ever really cared about haha. We did so much together my first 2 years up in logan! so many memories.. anyways she got married July 30th and we got to go in and see their sealing in the Mt. Timp. temple and it was great!
she looked so pretty! you can seem me and ray int he back right of the picture! :) I miss her and I am so happy for her! :) congrats Whit!! anyways the next wedding was my lil sis Nicole's wedding. It was August 14th and it was a fabulous wedding if I do say so myself! :) I cant take any of the credit because it was all my mom but it was pretty and Nicole looked awesome!
The next wedding was Kylie's! It was fun! I heart you Ky! congrats! Sorry I don't have a picture.... I forgot to take one and you haven't posted any for me to steal ;) But I am happy for you!!
There were others that got married and will be getting married but I don't feel the need to talk about them on my blog haha I am obviously not that attached to them haha... anyways, for Kylie and Whitney I decided I was going to make them something instead of buying it from the store.. It was a double whammy because I got to do something with all my time and I got to give them a fun gift!! I decided that every girl needs a cute apron! I am not that good at sewing so they aren't that sexy but they are so cute! and if i hadn't got so annoyed at making them theirs I totally would have made myself one!
This one is the one I gave to my friend Whitney! It's brown and sea foam green! I love the ruffles!!
This one is Kylie's! It is black and red! I love the colors! I had fun with these... minus all the trouble they gave me!! Thank heavens for my mother who finished the hard parts for me!
And this really has nothing to do with weddings or school but before Ray and I moved to Riverton I did a crafty thing!! :) My mom had this mirror with the SLC temple that one of her sisters made for her. She didn't have anywhere in her house to put it anymore so she gave it to me. I love this mirror. But the frame is falling apart. See... it needs some work,
It has been through all my moves in college and after I got married so it has seen better days! The mirror itself is still fabulous but I was always scared that it was going to fall to the ground because it's frame is falling apart! sooo...... I decided that I was going to take a break from packing and go to Michaels to see if I could find a good, moderately priced frame. So I went and I was in luck! They were having a 50% off sale on custom frames AND I found this frame that was on clearance for $35 which was cheaper than the other frames I found. I figured that was a good price so I decided to buy it. As I was checking out the lady told me all my stuff that I was buying came to about $20... I was so confused.. I guess the 50% off applied to the clearance stuff too which was awesome! so I got this frame for so cheap that I am so glad I didn't talk myself out of buying it!! It looks amazing!! and it actually matches my home decor now!!
TADA!!! Doesn't it look much better!!?? I love it even more now! :) Thanks Debbie! (I think that is who my mom said made the mirror!)
Anyways, I have more to write but I think I will save it for another day. This post is already long enough! so Enjoy!! or not! your choice!




I love the aprons! You're so cute!
ReplyDeleteThose aprons are sooooooo cute! I love aprons.
ReplyDeleteI remember Debbie making those mirrors...on Christmas eve...a loooooong time ago. haha. She was up all night and would not let us sneak up stairs to peek at our presents. lol. Good times.