So Sunday afternoon Ray and I made dinner and it was so yummy!! Ray's cousin gave me the recipe and most of the ingredients at my bridal shower a while back and we decided to try it out! And it was sooooo... good that I decided it share it with everyone! :) It's called...
Creamy Black Bean Salsa Chicken:
serves2-4 (but really more haha we will be eating it for like a week!)
2 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 c. chicken brath
1-15 oz. can corn, drained
1-15 oz. can black beans, drained
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1/2 c. sour cream
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
Directions:
-Place chicken in a slow cooker.
-Pour broth, salsa, corn, beans, and taco seasoning over chicken. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours.
-remove chicken, shred or chop it, and place back in. Stir in cheese and sour cream (unless you aren't going to eat it all at once. we just left it out and used some when we ate it)
-Serve with warm flour tortillas and rice.
**We like to mix our rice (about 2 cups uncooked) already cooked in at the same time as the cheese then eat it like a burrito! :) It is delish!
Hope you like it as much as we did!!
July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Mmm! Sounds good! You should join our recipe blog and post it on there! I'll invite you!
ReplyDeleteHow dare you start a blog and not tell me!!! I am so offended! I thought you hearted me... just kidding! I love you and miss you!
ReplyDeleteYou should post this on the Dinner at our Table blog!! Heidi and I have been looking for crockpot recipes...and you're totally holding out on us! ;-)
ReplyDelete